The Global Data & Search product teams innovate and build products ranging from personalized, complementary and similar listings recommendation systems, to search ranking models, to user profiling and segmentation services, to performance statistics engines, to AdTech and others to offer our end users and partners to create perfect matches on our marketplaces. The marketplaces in Adevinta’s portfolio fuel the global data platform with rich behavioral, content and user data on which we rely to build global services to empower our marketplaces.
The Smarter Ads team is one of these teams with a mission to enable our end-users to easily insert and discover high-quality ads. Through a range of services the team enhances and augments our users’ search and insertion experience. For example, our autocomplete feature increases search speed and accuracy, popular related searches and search trends inspire our users in their quest to find good deals and our Vision API uses image recognition to enriches the advertisement insertion experience allowing our users to find the correct category and similar items on the our marketplace to increase the likelihood of the advertisement to be seen by a buyer.
What you'll do
As a senior engineer in the Smarter Ads team you will build and run production-grade data and machine learning pipelines and products at scale in an agile setup. You will work closely with our data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to create the technology that generates and transforms data into applications, insights and experiences for our users.
As Senior Software Engineer, you are expected to:
Communicate and align with peers and cross functional stakeholders.
Drive for technical excellence and pick the right balance between quality and speed of delivery.
Contribute to the target architecture by identifying and contributing to areas of critical need.
Be the go-to expert inside the team in at least one technical area..
Coach and mentor less experienced engineers for growth and success.
Who are you
You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
You have 7+ years of relevant industry experience with 2+ years of data and machine learning related work or research
You have expertise in Java or Scala programming languages.
You have experience designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems built around machine-learned models and big data. Experience with ML Ops and associated best practices.
You have experience with batch and streaming technologies: e.g Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Google DataFlow.
You have expertise with distributed data stores (Cassandra, Google BigTable, Redis, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch) and messaging systems (Kafka, Google PubSub) at scale.
You have experience with Linux, Docker, and public cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure).
You have a growth-oriented mindset and a desire to teach, improve, and otherwise force multiply the strengths of the engineers that surround you.
You are a fast learner and thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave