Our technology team is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest e-commerce sites in the country. We are a community of adept software engineers focused on building large-scale web applications in an agile, multi-functional environment. We believe strongly in a culture of mentorship, support and mutual respect for all members of our team.
What you'll do:
Work with your team to deliver well crafted, high quality, well-tested and scalable code.
Participate in the entire software lifecycle from design to implementation.
Know the codebase and write clean code, practice Pair Programming with other contributors, mentor and learn together.
Find a good balance between short-term delivery and long-term scalability goals.
Ensure code quality and maintainability by tackling tech debt, conducting code reviews, initiating refactoring and improving build and test systems
Who you are:
Demonstrated ability in a Java environment.
Knowledge of Java, SQL and Kafka
Understanding of design patterns and system architecture.
A high aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
Strong communication and other soft skills that help in dealing with people
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more