JOB ROLE / PURPOSE
The Consolidation Accountant is instrumental in supporting the Head of External Reporting & Consolidation in improving the quality of the Group’s consolidated financial reporting. This role will be responsible for drawing up the group's consolidated accounts, supporting the audit process, ensuring all required accounts are filed with the relevant authorities.
Prepare accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly consolidated financial statements and related schedules and documentation in accordance with IFRS for internal and external use whilst ensuring that the internal and external reporting deadlines are met
Develop the Group's monthly, quarterly and annual group accounting processes
Perform the preparation of consolidation journals, eliminations and group intercompany reconciliations and related controls
Review the monthly reporting from divisional finance teams and resolve issues
Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements
Implement improvements to systems and financial controls
Assist the Group's external auditors with the annual audit of consolidated financial statements
Work with auditors to ensure a smooth audit of the group financial statements
Interpret data and providing concise explanations on trends and variances in the group financial statements
• Assist with acquisition and disposal accounting
ACA / ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent) qualified accountant
Experience working with a large, global finance team or professional services firm•Experience of preparing consolidated financial statements for a global group•Good working knowledge of IFRS
Excellent financial acumen and analytical thinking•Strong working knowledge of consolidation tools and month end reporting
Onestream working knowledge and S4H capabilities are a plus
Proven success in influencing strategic business decisions & driving significant improvements to business performance
Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge & collaborate
Excellent Google suite skills
Fluent English is essential, while additional languages are an advantage (Spanish in particular)
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!