Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices creating ~45.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times. Our core tech-stack is based on Java/Kotlin/Spring and MySQL/Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Kafka. We seek for a high velocity on rollouts, which implies automation, early integration and continuous process improvement. Right now we are moving towards a decoupled and flexible architecture. Our target infrastructure is built around Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes.
To support our team we are looking for you as a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d).
What you'll do:
Build the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean way
Improve our applications and APIs to become better each day
Ensure code quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
Be an interface between Product Management, Design, Business and Customers
Drive your own ideas for code and process improvements and achieve the next level together with the team
Be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA and deployment
What you'll bring:
Passion for clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
Excellent programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework
Deep know-how in object-oriented design
Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
Believer in teamwork and a DevOps mindset
Experience with Continuous Delivery
Know-how in manual testing and test automation (e.g. JUnit, Selenium, REST-assured)
Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MySQL)
Ability to coach others in a field of expertise
Ideally experience with search platforms (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- An attractive Base Salary.
- Participation in our Short Term Incentive plan (annual bonus).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with a match from Adevinta.
- Work From Anywhere: Enjoy up to 20 days a year of working from anywhere! Maybe not from the moon - well why not! just make sure you have internet connection!
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, because we care.
- Win together, lose together is one of our key behaviours. At Adevinta you will find a collaborative environment with an opportunity to explore your potential and grow.
On top of these, we also provide a range of locally relevant benefits. Wanna know more? Apply and ask our recruiters!