As a People Consultancy Lead and member of our PCW (People, Comms and Workplace) department, you will work collaboratively with People and Business stakeholders. Your role will be pivotal in maintaining a fair, compliant, and socially responsible work environment for our employees.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with Dutch Works Councils and with employee cases in a global Company. They will be comfortable with multiple stakeholders, conflicting priorities and dynamic timelines and will succeed through their engaging and collaborative style along with proven and relevant experience.
Your scope of responsibilities will mainly cover our Dutch and German hubs, incorporating a total of 1,400 employees across a number of functions but primarily Product and Tech. These will include:
Leading a team of People consultants in the Netherlands and Germany.
Ensuring legal compliance in individual and collective relations
Your expertise will be essential in ensuring compliance with Dutch and German employment conditions. This will involve collaborating with external law firms, when necessary, to stay abreast of legal developments and regulations, ensuring that our policies and practices adhere to evolving laws.
You will provide guidance on individual and collective labour relations issues. This will include addressing complex cases that involve both employees and management, offering solutions that are legally sound and align with company values.
Partnering with HR Directors and People Business Partners to consult on complex employee relations cases as part of the employee life cycle.
Managing local, legal or regulatory query management that is unable to be resolved by People Services (1st line HR support).
Building further on Employee Relation strategy by driving the Works Council engagement as part of the strategy.
Representing the company with work council, unions, inspections, audits and labour authorities.
Driving continuous improvement of the HR services provided by People Advisory
Who you are…
Dutch employment law expert - It is essential that you have labour relations experience in the Netherlands and ideally Germany
Proactive strategic problem solver and challenger of the status quo - You have the ability to deliver governance and compliance strategies to mitigate legal risk, ensuring stakeholder accountability and transparency
Excellent organisational skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced international environment
A team player - You actively contribute to a positive environment and you live & breathe our key behaviours and have a heart for Adevinta’s brands
Curious and dedicated - you’re quick to pick up new things, asking questions to help increase your knowledge and understanding
Diplomatic and collaborative - you are an effective relationship builder who is able to share information in a way that is simple to follow and understand
At least fluent in Dutch and English - exceptional written and spoken English, knowledge of German is an advantage
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave