As a member of the multidisciplinary Acquisition feature team, you will work alongside Backend, iOS, Android, Web developers, UX Designer and Product Owner. You will report to an Engineering Manager and collaborate closely with the Product Owner. Your role will involve participating in the entire feature development process and working on the Backend to implement effective SEO strategies.
As a Backend Developer, your specific contributions will include:
Develop and maintain the technical features required to enhance the website's visibility and search engine ranking.
Create additional entry points in the loyalty itinerary.
Develop and improve new APIs.
Provide assistance and collaborate with other teams responsible for loyalty features.
As a Backend Engineer, your role entails involvement in software development, evolution and maintenance to enhance user experience and help achieve both the team's and leboncoin's objectives.
Design, develop and optimise the backend components of the site to improve usability for SEO.
Work together with the SEO Team to ensure alignment between SEO strategies, objectives and global initiatives.
Collaborate with frontend developers to implement SEO recommendations and ensure their appropriate implementation.
Participate in identifying and resolving technical issues that may affect SEO, such as loading speed, URL structure, and others.
Optimize database and query performance to ensure rapid response times.
Participate in enhancing environments, development methods, and testing (unit and integration) and deploying (reviews, CI/CD...) with a DevOps approach.
Monitor technology trends and take initiatives to improve the product.
Expected qualifications for this position:
We are looking for a developer with a minimum of 2 years of experience in software development, including at least one year proven experience in delivering high-quality, high-performance, and scalable software.
Experience in Golang or C++, Java, Scala, Python.
Knowledge of distributed and event-driven architectures, microservices, RESTful APIs and monitoring (datadog, Prometheus, etc.).
Familiarity with SQL (especially PostgreSQL).
Familiarity with Kafka or other message broker systems.
Experience of AWS would be appreciated.
Familiarity with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
Ability to work independently and learn quickly.
Ability to work in a team, share knowledge and help others.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- EN: Lunch tickets, 25 days holiday + 10/12 extra paid holidays called RTT, Summer bonus (=1% of base salary, paid in July); FR: Une carte titres-resto, 25 jours de vacances + 10/12 RTT, Prime vacance (=1% du salaire de base, versée en juillet)